Today I am 26 years old! I decided what better way to celebrate my birthday on my beauty blog than to discuss the 26 products I want to try this year. I’m sure by the end of this month I’ll have 26 other new products I want to try, but for now, here’s my beauty picks to try for the rest of the year!
Starting with Face Prep. I want to look very luminous and glowy for summer, so I’m excited to try these liquid illuminators out.
1. NYX Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam ($11/Cdn)
2. Mac Strobe Cream ($10/Cdn)
3. L’Oreal True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator in Ice ($11/Cdn)
4. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer ($88/Cdn) – This is a pricey one, I will probably just pick up a sample or travel size.
6. Mac Studio Moisture Fix+ ($33/Cdn) – This a cult favourite and I need to try it!
Moving on with Skin Products.
7. Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation ($47/Cdn) – I received a sample of this and LOVED it. Dying to purchase a full bottle. Soon!
8. L’Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation ($24/Cdn) – I am intrigued by this packaging and want to test it out.
9. Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Bronzer in Give Me Sun ($37/Cdn)
10. Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Cream Kit ($52/Cdn) – I really want to try out cream contouring!
11. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel ($29/Cdn)
12. NYX Dark Circle Concealer ($8/Cdn) – I don’t have much darkness to hide, but I want to try out colour correcting and concealing.
13. Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Power ($47/Cdn) – This product is all over the beauty community and I just need to try it out too! I also really want to learn to bake.
14. NYX HD Concealer ($8/Cdn)
15. NYX HD Concealer in Green ($8/Cdn) – To try colour correcting blemishes!
16. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Cream ($42/Cdn) – I want to really nail down my nighttime skin care routine this year.
17. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque ($40/Cdn)
On to the Eyes!
18. Tarte In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette ($54/Cdn) – I have been DYING to try this palette since it came out. The colours are AMAZING.
19. Mac Pigment in Melon ($22/Cdn)
20. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Midnight Cowgirl ($22/Cdn)
21. NYX Vivid Brights Liner in Vivid Sapphire ($10/Cdn) – When I first saw these I thought they were a little tacky, but I’ve seen tutorials online and now I’m interested in trying!
22. NYX Vivid Brights Liner in Vivid Halo ($10/Cdn)
23. Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks ($18/US) – The makeup community is raving about these! Pictured above is Anna Nicole, a orangey-red, but I could honestly pick up any one of these fun, bright colours!
24. Buxom Full-On Lip Creams ($24/Cdn) – I also keep seeing these online, they give off a really nice gloss. I am interested in Peach Daiquiri, Bellini, Dolly, White Russian or Hot Toddy.
25. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Dolce ($26/Cdn) – I already have one of these in Party Pink, the colour is so stunning, but it’s a weekend lipstick, so I’m looking for an everyday colour.
26. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick ($24/Cdn) – I keep seeing these online as well, there is so many great colours, but I think I’d be interested in Berlin, Beloved, Noble or Lovesick.
That wraps up my 26 beauty products I want to try! Let’s see how glam I can get this year. What beauty products do you recommend for 2016? Let me know in the comments!
I’m just winging it. My life, my eyeliner, everything!