Hey, y’all! I cannot believe it’s the end of 2019 already, where does a year go? This one flew by! I feel like I did a lot this year, but I have bigger goals and dreams for 2020 and I’m really excited to get started on them. My blog, unfortunately, had to take a bit of a back seat in 2019 as I navigated a new job (and some other ups and downs!), but I want to commit to it in 2020. It is something that brings me joy, a creative outlet, and it’s a great hobby to have! With that said, bring on the best of 2019!!
- Glam Glow Toner: I received this from Glam Glow as part of a PR package that they were branching out into other types of skincare products, not just masks – which they are highly known for. I fell in love with it immediately! It has a blend of six different acids and really cleans deep into your pores. If I had to pick a winning product this year, this was definitely it. ($55/Cdn)
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro Glow Concealer: The L’Oreal Pro Glow Foundation has been on my best of lists since 2016 (isn’t that crazy?) and it would be again this year, but I’m keeping this to Top 10 of 2019. This year I discovered the concealer. It’s amazing!! It’s lightweight but still provides great coverage. Some days I just wear this on its own! I wish I’d tried it sooner, but I went through a few tubes this year and will keep repurchasing into 2020. ($16/Cdn)
- Stila Liquid Eyeshadows: I’ve had the shade Kitten for 2-3 years now, but just recently bought this three-pack of minis (Rockin Rose, Golden Eye and Bronze Girl), and they’ve really jazzed up my everyday makeup! They’re super easy to swipe all over the lid and last all day long. ($31/each)
- Too Faced Sweetheart Bronzer: I haven’t put this on my Best Of list before, but it’s my go-to, ride or die bronzer and I cannot live without it. First off, the packagings adorable, but secondly, the shade is just absolutely perfect. It’s not red, it’s got a nice soft tanned brown glow to it. ($40/Cdn)
- Smashbox Primerizer: I’ve loved the original version for a while now, but when I received this Crystalized version in a PR package, I was OVER THE MOON! What more could you ask for? A super hydrating primer with shimmer? Yes, please! Unfortunately, this product was for a certain campaign, so it’s not available anymore. Hopefully one day Smashbox brings it back permanently! ($55/Cdn)
- Glossier Balm Dotcom: I couldn’t live without this in my purse all year. I am constantly putting lip balm on, and the Glossier Balm Dotcom is my favourite. I love the scent, the tube packaging, and it’s super hydrating. Sometimes I even put it on my cuticles! It comes in a variety of scents, I should order some more! ($15/Cdn)
- Isle Of Paradise Tanning Drops: These saved my life in 2019! I can’t stand being pale and with it being kind of a lousy summer, I was in need of some fake tanned skin! Mix a few drops into your body lotion and voila, you wake up tanned. Worth every penny! ($38/Cdn)
- Saje Roll-On Essential Oils: I received Peppermint Halo at a work event in the Spring and from there on out, I’ve been OBSESSED with these Saje roller balls. Peppermint Halo naturally cures any headache, Sleep Well gives me a wonderful slumber and Immune helps when I’m feeling a little blah. ($24-28/Cdn Each)
- WetBrush: I have a few of these, as WetBrush so generously sent them over to me to test (blog coming soon!!), but I’ve never been so excited about a hairbrush before. For YEARS I was using a detangler when I got out of the shower. My mom used to yell at my sister and I that the slippery spray was all over the bathroom floor and we had to only use it while still in the shower (Hi Mom!). I have finally thrown the detangler spray in the garbage thanks to WetBrush’s amazing products. I’ll get a blog up soon so you can choose which brush is best for you.
- T3 Tapered Wand: I’ve had three different wands over the past 4-5 years. The first one was really expensive and came with like 7 attachments, 2 of which I really used. One day the wand snapped in half in my suitcase, ruining my favourite attachment, so I sold it online. The second one was from Winners for $29.99, and it worked okay, until it didn’t. I realized halfway through the year that my curls just sucked. They were always falling out and my hair looked messy. Sometimes I couldn’t even make it to work and the curls were gone. I decided to spend a whole lotta money and invest in a T3 Wand as I see them online talked very highly of. I got this on the Sephora Fall sale for 20% off, so that helped a bit. But it’s been worth every penny. My hair looks great throughout the day and I would recommend it to anyone! ($210/Cdn)
That’s it for my Best of 2019! These are ten really great products that I back wholeheartedly with my stamp of approval. I can’t wait to see what new things 2020 brings to my face and hair!
I’m just winging it. My life, my eyeliner, everything!