Hey y’all, Merry Christmas! I wanted to put together a quick post to highlight my favourite red lips for the holidays! I think a bold red lip with a winged liner is the most perfect and classic holiday look, so here are my top 10 products to achieve this glam!
- Makeup Forever Artist Plexi-Gloss in shade 400: This is a bright orange red gloss that looks amazing on it’s own, but also over a lipstick! You can get at Sephora for $25/Cdn.
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick in shade Flambe: I am obsessed with this one! It’s a mix between a gloss and a liquid lipstick, is super pigmented, and so comfortable! I tested this one out in the summer, and fell in love (read that post here!). This is available at Sephora for $28/Cdn.
- Nars Velvet Lip Glide in the shade Le Palace: This is another glossy, pigmented lip. I love this shade as it’s a bit darker than the others. It’s comfortable and long wearing. You can buy this off Nars for $26/Cdn.
- Mac Lipstick in the shade Lady Bug: I believe this one is discontinued since I couldn’t find it on their site, but it’s a lovely sheer red shade, perfect for anyone trying out red for the first time!
- Mac Rocky Horror Collection in the shade Strange Journey: I was a HUGE Rocky Horror fan back in high school, so when Mac came out with this collection a few years ago, I had to have something! I picked up this red, and I wear it periodically, and love it every time I do. It’s a really pretty orange red, almost a burnt brick colour.
- Mac Viva Glam by Miley Cyrus: Another limited addition (I’m sorry!!). I LOVE this lipstick, it’s my favourite red lip of all time, and I’m really sad that it was a limited edition. It’s the perfect cherry red, and looks and feels amazing on the lips.
- Makeup Forever Artist Rouge in the shade 52: This lip is the perfect bright cherry red, it’s comfortable, and not too bold. I love wearing this one!
- Tarte Lip Paint in the shade Juicy: I got this last winter as part of a mini’s set. I loved the selection of colours, but this is a winner for me! It is super pigmented, and lasts all day long.
- Nars Powermatte Lip Pigment in the shade Starwoman: This is a dark oxblood shade, that is SO gorgeous! It dries down to a nice matte, and stays on all day long. You can order this on the Nars site for $26/Cdn.
- Revlon Colorstay Lipliner in the shade Red: I can use this lipliner for any of the above red lips! It’s versatile and comfortable.
That’s it for my Favourite Red Lips for the Holidays! You can never go wrong. What are your favourites?