Ever since I decided to collect my monthly empties to share in a blog series, I have been lovingggg finishing products. I see a lot of girls post on their blogs and Instagrams about empties and “panning” products (meaning to see the pan come through on a powder product), and I never understood the fascination… until now. I have samples and products coming out the ying yang, and I’ve been really trying hard to get through a product before buying something else, and even just trying those samples that Sephora sends! So here is my February and March empties!
- Biore Baking Soda Pore Cleanser ($6.99/Cdn) – I received this product last February from Influenster, and I think it’s a pretty basic cleanser, but it gets the job done. I have been DYING to finish this product as I’ve had it for so long, and I was so excited when I got the last pump out. I won’t be repurchasing this product, as I already have a new L’Oreal cleanser on the go.
- Olay Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream + Serum ($10.99/Cdn) – I purchased this last April (I swear it takes me forever to get through some products!!), and I actually like the consistency of it, and it has a bit of a shimmer to it, which I think is nice under foundations. I like the idea of it being anti-wrinkle, but of course, who knows if it really worked. I think there are better products on the market, so again, I won’t be repurchasing this cream.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water ($20/Cdn for travel size) – I got the travel size of this a few months ago, as I wanted to test it out before committing to the full size/price since I was skeptical of the product. It’s a primer water, which you spritz on your face to prime and help your foundation last longer. I found that it smelt like cigarettes, and I don’t know that it really helped, but I always hear really great things from people. Another no repurchase in my books!
- Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes ($11.99/Cdn) – I’ve talked about this many many times on my blog. I love these SO much. They come 30/pack, and you get 4 packs for $11.99 at Costco. They’re always moist, and remove your makeup really easily.
- L’Oreal Revitalift Bright Reveal Over Night Moisturizer ($21.99/Cdn) – This is another Influenster product I received and reviewed. I did like this, as it was a 2-in-1 cream + serum, but I didn’t love it enough to repurchase. I have other creams that really hydrate my skin and impress me more!
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – I received this little sample from Sephora and absolutely fell in love. I couldn’t wait to finish it so that I could order the full size! It makes my face so intensely hydrated when I sleep with it on, I can’t say enough great things about it!
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Cleansing Gel – I received this sample when ordering off the Tarte.com website a few months ago. I decided to save it for when I’d be travelling next, and took it on my Montreal/Florida work trip last month. At first I really loved the cleanser, I felt like it really broke down my foundation and removed all my makeup. However, I didnt feel like it did a great job removing from around my nose/pore areas, and that’s really where I need a cleanser to break down makeup the most. It smells really nice and feels lovely on the skin, but I think it’s another no repurchase for me.
- Kate Spade Live Colorfully ($90/Cdn) – This is hands down one of my favourite perfumes. It is so fresh and bright and fun, I love it so much! I believe this is my 2nd bottle, and I already have a 3rd to replace it.
- Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Mascara ($25/Cdn) – I got this in a Tarte gift set from their website last spring. I didnt love this mascara on its own, but it was a great mascara to add as a topcoat to separate and elongate other mascaras. Since it’s not the best on its own, I am glad it’s finally finished!
- Tarte Lash Paint Mascara ($28/Cdn) – This was my third tube of Lash Paint Mascara from Tarte. The first two I received for free at Gen Beauty in May 2016, and the 3rd I got for free for spending $50+ on Tarte’s website. I think this is a great mascara, and I highly recommend it. However, after using three, I was ready to try something new!
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup – I received these two foundation samples from the Chanel counter in Florida when I was visiting back in November, and just recently found them in my drawer. I think this is a fantastic foundation. It went on nice and smoothly, and it dried super matte, and stayed matte all day. It contains SPF, and isn’t a terrible price ($52/Cdn) so I would definitely consider purchasing this!
- First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser – I received this sample from Sephora a few weeks ago. I love their repair cream, so figured I should be trying more of their products. This cleanser left my face feeling SO soft! I really enjoyed it, but again, I already have a new cleanser and need to focus on finishing that before trying anything new!
I’m so glad to have emptied out a great deal of products over the past 8 weeks! I can’t wait to see what I can finish in April. Have you tried any of these products?