I wanted to start a new series on my blog that features the products I’ve finally used up – Empties! I see this done a lot on YouTube and Instagram, so figured I’d give it a whirl!
I have been HOARDING the free Sephora samples for, literally, months. I have so many of them. So for January I forced myself to use some, and shocking, I enjoyed some. From left to right, top to bottom, here are my empties for the month of January!
- AmorePacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Creme – Now that I’m looking this up on Sephora to get the price for it, I am realizing how EXPENSIVE it is, and how I wish I’d cared more while trying it! It retails for $150/Cdn for 1.7-oz! This was a really nice overnight moisturizer. It felt really nice going on, and in the morning I still felt hydrated. NO, I will not be repurchasing, but only because of the hefty price tag.
- Laneige Sleeping Water Mask – This is a unique mask that you put on before bed and rinse off in the morning. I did really like this as it was super hydrating which I really love, but I don’t think it’s something I totally need in my routine. This one is actually funny as I received it as a free sample, but they don’t sell it on the Canadian Sephora site. It retails for $30/US.
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Towelettes – This were my #1 wipes for YEARS, until I got introduced to the amazing Kirkland wipes. I had to pick these up since I ran out of the Kirkland brand and wouldn’t be heading to Costco anytime soon. They are still really great wipes, they stay moist the entire package, and work so well to take makeup off. However, Kirkland wipes take the cake for me! These retail for $12/Cdn.
- Lancôme Énergie de Vie The Smoothing & Plumping Pearly Lotion – Surprise, surprise, yet another sample I really enjoyed. This was super moisturizing and made my skin feel so nice. I would want to try out another sample to ensure I really liked this one as it has a steep price tag for a lotion. This one retails for $61/Cdn.
- The two sheet masks were given to me by a coworker, which is super sweet. Thanks Candace! I LOVEEE sheet masks. I find it so relaxing to just lay in bed with one of these on your face, it is so soothing, and really hydrates your skin. These two were super nice!
- Jack Black Protein Booster Eye Rescue – This one kind of annoyed me as Sephora ran out of good samples, so I had to get this one. I’m annoyed because it’s mens! But I would never pass up trying an eye cream. This felt nice, but wasn’t overly impressed. I read the reviews online and the majority of people also weren’t that excited over it. It retails for $46/Cdn.
- NYX Matte Finishing Spray – I have talked about this a few times… it is the BEST! I bought a Urban Decay All Nighter finishing spray about 2 years ago, and I would use it sparingly due to the price tag ($39/Cdn). But now that I’ve found, and fallen in love with, the NYX Spray, which is only $8/Cdn, I cannot go back to the Urban Decay spray. This stuff keeps my foundation on and matte all day, I love it!
- L’Oreal Revitalift Bright Reveal Pads – These are legit the best. I got these for free from Influenster, but got another box from Santa, and I will continue to buy them. They help take off that pesky extra foundation that doesn’t come off with a wipe, and really deep clean your face! I am so happy to have found these! These are $19/Cdn.
And that’s it for the products I was able to get through in January. My cupboard was very happy with me as I was able to empty out some products (and space)! It’s also made me realize that the samples from Sephora are fun to try and I should use them when I get them instead of hoarding them up for months!
What were your favourite products from January? Tell me in the comments!!