Oh myyyyy. This June Empties blog is HUGE! I have 21 empty products that I finished in June (and some in May, not going to lie!) From skincare to makeup to Sephora samples to even tools, June Empties has it all!
- La Roche Posay Cicaplast Levres Repairing Lip Balm – I got this in the late winter when my lips realllllly needed some help. I’ve had some great luck with La Roche Posay before, when I had eczema two years ago, so I figured this lip balm would help me quickly. Unfortunately, this didn’t do a ton in terms of healing quickly, but it is pretty hydrating. Would I buy it again? No. You can get something like Carmex for cheaper. This retails for $9.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer – I received this sample a few weeks ago from Sephora, and was excited to try it out. I have never tried before, and honestly, I wasn’t disappointed. It was really hydrating, made my foundation go on smoothly, and looked great. Unfortunately, the primer is $65 at Sephora, so I won’t be shelling out for a full size.
- Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer – I am so glad I was able to test it out. When I first saw this foundation, I thought I HAD to have it. But, once I tried it, it made me so greasy and fell off my face early in the day. I will not be buying a full size! God bless Sephora samples!
- L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara – I don’t think I need to mention this again, I’ve gone through like 5 tubes now. It’s my fave! You can read my review here.
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – Again, I probably don’t need to explain this! I’ve gone through a handful of tubes, and I absolutely love this concealer!
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer – I have gone through a few of these over the years, and it’s a great concealer! But, Shape Tape has my heart, so I won’t be repurchasing this.
- Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil – This was gifted to me by Thursday Plantation (I wrote a full blog post here!) and I really liked it! I use it mainly on zits to help heal quickly. I just repurchased a new one this morning!
- Beauty Blender Cleanser Bar – I am completely shocked at the price of this. I just went on Sephora to be able to link this, and it’s $58/Cdn for the full size. This came as a sample from a Sephora order, and honestly, I would never buy this, and not even because of the price. I love cleaning my makeup sponges using a plain old bar of Dove soap, and that costs $3! Read my tutorial on how to clean your sponges here!
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge – I LOOOOOVE this sponge (read why here!). It’s much better than the Beauty Blender in my opinion, and its like 1/4th the price! I have gone through a few of these, they are durable and last a long time, and they clean very easily.
10. Garnier Micellar Water – I love this stuff. It gently takes my makeup off and doesn’t irritate my contact lenses. I have gone through 2 or 3 of these, and will continue you to buy!
11. Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Toner – This was another product gifted to me by Thursday Plantation, and I really enjoyed it! I haven’t used toner in years, but it made me want to test out some new drugstore versions, I’m on the hunt!
12. L’Oreal Revitalift Bright Reveal Cleanser – I have gone through two of these now. It’s got a fine scrub in it, and really deep cleans my skin. I do like it, but there are SO many cleansers out there, so I will be trying some new ones going forward.
13. Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisturizer – I got this as a sample from Sephora, and honestly, found it very anti-climactic. It didn’t do much, didn’t make me feel extra hydrated in the morning, and not to mention, a full size is expensive ($78!). I wouldn’t recommend trying this cream.
14. Philosophy Purity Cleanser – People RAVE above this cleanser on the internet, and I was very curious to try it. When I saw that it was a free sample on Sephora, I had to add it to my cart! I also found this extremely anti-climactic, I didn’t feel like it really did much or cleansed my skin all that well. I would never purchase this!
15. The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid – Everyone and their mother raves about The Ordinary online, and I had never tried Hyaluronic Acid before, so for $7, I figured what the hell! I did not enjoy this product, it left my skin feeling very sticky. I couldn’t wait to empty it (I hate not finishing products!).
16. Lancome Radiance Toner – I haven’t used toner in forever, and really enjoyed this one! It’s kind of expensive ($39-52/Cdn), so I doubt I would repurchase this product, but I am on the hunt for a good drugstore toner.
17. L’Oreal HydraTotal 5 Ultra Fresh Toner – As I mentioned above, I’m on the hunt for a new toner, and I’ve always enjoyed L’Oreal products, so wanted to give this a try. Unfortunately, this toner broke out my entire face and chest! It was disgusting! I dumped this down the drain, and will never buy L’Oreal toner again!
18. Garnier Fructis Hair Mask – This mask smells like HEAVEN! However, I felt like it made my hair very knotty when I get out of the shower.
19. IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo – This was another Sephora sample, there wasn’t anything else left when choosing my samples, but I’m glad to have tried it! It wasn’t that amazing, especially for the price of full size. It just goes to show, drugstore can be better!
2o. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water – I tried this when it first came out and thought it smelt so bad (like cigarettes!). However, I gave it another shot, and I really do like it… This one didn’t smell – perhaps they updated the scent?!
21. Wet n Wild Beauty Setting Spray – I love trying new setting sprays! This one honestly didn’t spray out the best, and I didn’t notice that it did much to help my foundation last longer. My favourite drugstore version is the NYX matte spray.
That’s it for my June Empties! I can’t believe how many products I had to review. What are you using up this month?