HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I am really excited to kick off a fresh year! I have lots of goals that I want to achieve this year, and I’m really looking forward to it! Going into a new year, I wanted to take a look at my favourite products that I’ll be taking with me into 2018! These are my top products of 2017, including both skincare and makeup!
Let’s start with skincare. I tried a lot of skincare in 2017! But these were my favourites by far.
- Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate: I received this from an event I attended with Shiseido (you can read it here!), it’s something I’d never buy for myself, as it’s $116, but it is amazing. I love the way it feels when I put it on my skin, its super hydrating, and it really makes a difference in the morning.
- Thursday Plantation Pure Tea Tree Oil and Medicated Gel for Acne: I had never tried Tea Tree Oil before this, but was always curious. Now I’m hooked! When this runs out, I’ll definitely need to repurchase. You can read my full review here!
- Glam Glow Super Mud: I love a good face mask, and this one is my #1. I love this mask as it goes deep into pores to clear out your skin. You guessed it, I also reviewed it here!
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream: OMG do I love this!!! It feels soooooo nice on my skin, and really sinks in to hydrate. This is another product you can feel in the morning. I love it! It was part of my stocking stuffers guide this past Christmas.
- Clinique All About Eyes Rich Eye Treatment: Originally I ordered this because it was a decent price, and I think Clinique has some good skincare.. But this eye cream is amazing! The skin around my eyes is SO soft, and I know this is really helping to prevent wrinkles in the long run. I will definitely repurchase this one, although I know this little tub will last awhile!
Those are my top 6 skincare products that got me through 2017! Now on to my makeup loves of 2017!
- Tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette: When I first saw this advertised, I wanted it so badly. But it was $60, and I have other contour kits, so I couldn’t justify the spend. Then I saw it on sale for $30 from Sephora for Black Friday, and I had to have it!! I’ve only had it a little over a month now, but I love it so much! It’s super pigmented, seriously you need to tap off your brush, it’s insane. But it’s also so practical. You can set your concealer, contour your cheeks, do a full matte eyeshadow look and eye liner, and even do eyebrows! It’s a great palette for travel too!
- Too Faced Sweetheart Bronzer: I treated myself to this for my birthday in April, after wanting it for awhile. It’s so cute, and Too Faced makes the best bronzers! I love this so much, I just repurchased another one as a back up since I’m almost out.
- Becca Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer: This was another product I treated myself to for my birthday, and it’s also almost gone! I love this primer so much. It gives the perfect glow from within, and helps my foundation stay in tact! A win win if you ask me.
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation: Okay, I’m cheating a little because this was on my favourites list last year, but I just can’t get enough of it. It’s affordable, great coverage, makes my skin look amazing, and lasts all day long. It’s my #1 foundation, thats for sure! I also reviewed it here.
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer: Again, cheating, this was on last year’s list… but it’s the BEST! A tube lasts literally 6+ months, it’s full coverage, brightening and doesn’t crease. I love it! I also use it to spot conceal when I don’t feel like doing a full face, you can read that routine here!
- Wet n Wild MegaGlo Liquid Highlighter: I got this at a Wet n Wild event back in the fall, and it’s amazing!! I have the shade Guilded Glow, and I love to put this under foundation to make my skin appear more glowy. It’s a beautiful shade, and I’d love to get a few more!
- L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara: I could not wait for this to launch!!! It was being compared to Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (I also reviewed them side by side), and I couldn’t wait to see for myself. The good news is.. it’s even better than the Too Faced mascara, and it’s a drugstore price! I love the way this makes my lashes look.
- Mac Lipglass: I was on the lipgloss bandwagon all of 2017. Most people were still rocking the liquid lipsticks, but I seriously was missing gloss. I am making a prediction that gloss makes a big come back this year! I picked up two new Mac Lipglasses in October because of their Back to Mac program, and I couldn’t be happier!
- Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes: I felt like I had to purchase this eyeshadow palette when it came out. I love peach eyeshadows on me, and I just NEEDED this. I am so glad I got it, I use it seriously everyday, and I love the assortment of shades in it. You can read my full review here!
That rounds out my list of top products of 2017! I couldn’t live without these, they’re products I’d repurchase again in a heart beat or recommend to a friend! What were your top skincare and makeup products of 2017?
I’m just winging it. My life, my eyeliner, everything!